4.9.08

FTJ: 29-8-08

Today, Anita and I went to the funeral of Magdelena. I didn't know that we were going to a funeral, and so of course, I wore brown. Carla, Magdelena's daughter, was there, and so were a bunch of people I didn't know. There were lots and lots of flowers around the corpse, in many brilliant colors, yellow, red, white, pink, etc. Many people were sitting, but four were standing around the coffin. (NOTE: I used corpse instead of coffin, because I don't know the Spanish for coffin. But I meant coffin, and "standing around the corpse" sounds really, really weird.) Anita told me that we couldn't go to the ceremony later, because we had to go to the Pizzeria. I saw a funeral procession a couple of days ago, many people walking in a very large group, all dressed in black.

I want to write more, but I can't remember. The day I'm writing this is 8/31/08.

296 more days.

So, the way I write in my journal is that I'm a few days behind. In that, it's 4-9-08, but I'm writing for 2-9-08. I just can't get up the gumption to write in my journal right before I go to bed. Sorry again for the short post, but I really forgot what else we did that day. The next post is a solid 5 pages, Promise.

No comments: